Pre-existing medical conditions – Key Features:
- All medical conditions considered
- 24-hour medical emergency helpline
- Medical emergency expenses of up to £10,000,000
- Up to £1,000 Medical Inconvenience Benefit
Medical Travel Insurance
If you’ve got a pre-existing medical condition, and especially if you’re over 50, you might think medical travel insurance will be difficult or expensive to arrange. But it needn’t be. And here’s why…
At Avanti Travel Insurance we’re specialists in helping you if you have a pre-existing medical condition, providing you with the right cover at the right price. In fact we’ve helped customers right up to age 85 with over half a million travel insurance policies so far. We make holidays happen.
How Avanti travel insurance can help you with pre-existing medical conditions travel insurance
We are the medical travel insurance specialists. We can provide full cover for most customers who have pre-existing medical conditions, including if you have cancer, heart disease or diabetes. And that’s not all: we cover a large number of medical conditions free of charge. If you’re not sure if your condition will be covered – just ask. We’ll be glad to help.
Everybody knows how important the right insurance policy is, but if you have a pre-existing medical condition then medical travel insurance is a pre-requisite to your trip.
What does our medical travel insurance policy include?
We cover you for emergency medical costs of up to £10,000,000, you’ll find Avanti Travel Insurance offers so much more: from personal liability cover (up to £2,000,000) to Cancellation cover (up to £10,000), Personal belongings cover (up to £5,000), gadget cover and a host of other great benefits, depending on the level of cover you choose.
So wherever your dream destination is, Avanti Travel Insurance is the perfect travelling companion to help get you there and back.
You can call us now on 0800 888 6195, or get an easy online quote.
What counts as a pre-existing medical condition?
- Any past or current medical condition that has given rise to symptoms, or for which any form of treatment, or prescribed medication, medical consultation, investigation, or follow-up/check-up, has been required, or received, during the 2 years prior to the commencement of cover under this policy, prior to buying this policy or anytime between the date you bought this policy and the date of departing on a trip; and/or,
- Any cardiovascular or circulatory condition (e.g. Heart condition, hypertension, blood clots, raised cholesterol, stroke, aneurysm, or brain haemorrhage) that has occurred at any time prior to the commencement of cover under this policy, prior to buying this policy or anytime between the date you bought this policy and the date of departing on a trip.
Medical screening process
The questions in our medical screening process will specify which pre-existing medical conditions you need to disclose with us for the purposes of arranging holiday insurance. Please be advised: it is your responsibility to declare pre-existing medical conditions to us, otherwise we may not be able to adequately cover you.
Please feel free to call us if you have any questions. Or alternatively you may be able to find the answer you seek on our FAQs page.
Do I need holiday insurance?
We all want to focus on the fun side of going away on holiday, but we also know that sometimes things can go wrong. And then it can get horribly costly. None of us want that. So if you have a pre-existing medical condition, then medical travel insurance really is an essential part to your trip.
And it needn’t cost you an arm and a leg. Avanti Travel Insurance will help you find a tailored policy that fits your individual needs, medical and non-medical, and at a good value price. We can provide you with a quotation or policy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, via our website, or over the telephone during our office opening hours.
Why not call us today on 0800 888 6195. Or if you’d rather, you get an easy online quote in just a few minutes.
Reciprocal Health Agreements
If you are a UK resident, you may be entitled to medical treatment in certain other countries you are visiting, either for free or at a reduced cost. This is the case with EEA countries (EU member states plus Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein, using an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card); and also with Australia. For more information about these agreements and their Terms and Conditions, please see the Reciprocal Health Agreements section in our Travel Insurance policy wording document.
Please remember: speak to your doctor first
If you’ve got a pre-existing medical condition, it usually need not stop you from enjoying a holiday, – or stop us from insuring you for it. But you should speak with your doctor or appropriate medical professional first before you book your holiday, just to make quite sure they think you’re fit to travel.
They’ll help you establish any requirements you may need from your holiday provider or your travel provider, and at your country of destination. In some cases they may need to provide a note or instructions on your behalf, such as prescriptions. It always pays to be safe.
Why do thousands of people with pre-existing medical conditions choose Avanti Travel Insurance?
Young people in their 50s, 60s, and even over 80s who have pre-existing medical conditions have a habit of recommending Avanti Travel Insurance to their friends and family. That’s because they’ve already experienced our commitment to bringing them great value and excellent personal service
Our customers choose us and come back to us because they know and trust us to provide what they want: a great value policy, and the reassurance and peace of mind that comes with a proper travel insurance policy.
We welcome any enquiries you may have, and we’ll treat you with kindness and sensitivity when it comes to discussing any personal medical matters.
So when you’re getting in the holiday mood, here at Avanti Travel Insurance we’ll be waiting to help.
You can call us on 0800 888 6195. or get an easy online quote.
That’s not all, our policies are packed with benefits
- No upper age limit on Single Trip policies
- Personal liability of up to £2,000,000
- Cancellation cover of up to £10,000
- Personal belongings cover of up to £5,000
- Up to 17 days winter sports included FREE on Annual Multi-trips, up to the age of 70
- End Supplier Failure cover included on Classic and Deluxe policies only (not Cruise)
- Cruise cover with a host of additional benefits available
- Gadget cover also available & much, much more
(Terms and Conditions apply)
Award Winning Insurance
Get the latest special offers from us and travel news and tips from around the world