So, you want to know more about us and the way we work? Here’s what makes us a bit different from other travel insurance companies.
Our approach to travel insurance
We don’t expect you to know the ins and outs of travel insurance, which is why we take the time to explain the detail and answer any questions you may have. It’s important that we get it right.
Our single trip policies are ideal for a one-off holiday. But if you tend to fly here, there and everywhere on a bit of a whim, our handy annual policy will cover you for the entire year. But if you’re still not sure on what’s best for you, we’ll be happy to talk you through the particulars!
Our approach to travel insurance is simple and straightforward:
- Never rushed. Nobody likes to feel rushed with big decisions. That’s why we like to take our time to really listen to what you need. We’ll ask some questions about you, your travel plans and your health so make sure you have details of your medical history to hand. When you’re ready, you can buy online, or chat to our friendly team at a pace that suits you.
- Buy with confidence. Buying any insurance policy can be daunting when you’re unsure what it is exactly that you’re buying. We’ll help you to personalise a policy that protects you, with up to three levels of cover for you to choose from. If you’re unsure which is best for you, simply talk to our team about your plans and they’ll be happy to help.
- We’re not on price comparison sites. We don’t believe that one size fits all when it comes to travel insurance. Instead, you’ll only find our policies right here, where you can personalise your medical travel insurance to your pre-existing health conditions at any age.
From the first step of finding out more about our cover, to taking us on holiday, we want to make things as simple and clear as possible. We want you to feel safe and informed about your cover, so you can enjoy your holiday knowing we’re on your side.
We’ll be here when you need us
We’re that comforting voice during a medical emergency. We’re also the people to help you make that crucial trip during Covid-times happen.
A policy with us includes cover for Covid for not a penny more. So you can rely on us to be there when you need it most.
When David was on holiday with his wife in Tenerife, he didn’t expect things to go wrong and needed a helping hand(1).
Instead of soaking up the sun and enjoying his holiday, David was hospitalised for 11 days.
As well as covering the cost for his hospital stay and medical fees, we also took care of his wife by paying for emergency accommodation and transport so she was able to visit David in hospital without worry.
Once David was fit to travel, we arranged new flights and for a specialist nurse to fly home with him. We needed to make sure he got home safe.
David is now well again and has trusted us with his travel insurance for over three years.
With our help, you can leave the worry at home, just like David did. Putting it simply, you can count on us to make sure there is always someone on the end of the phone whenever you need us, even in the middle of the night.
That’s Travel Reassurance.
Avanti Travel Insurance was founded in 2009 in Braintree, Essex.
In 2017, Avanti moved to new owners in Northamptonshire and are now administered by the Howserv group of travel insurance companies.
We’ve won a few awards along the way to recognise the effort we go to for all of our customers:
- Winner of Best Travel Insurance 2022/23 by the Personal Finance Awards for the fifth year running
- Winner of Travel Insurance Provider of the Year at the Moneyfacts Consumer Awards 2022 and 2021, and Highly Commended in 2020
- Commended for Best Claims Service at the Moneyfacts Consumer Awards 2020
- Commended Travel Insurance Provider of the Year at the Moneyfacts Consumer Awards 2019
- Deluxe policy awarded a 5* Defaqto rating
Ryan Howsam, Avanti Chairman, said; “We’re thrilled to be a Commended Travel Insurance Provider of the Year at the 2019 Moneyfacts Consumer Awards. After being finalists last year, it’s great to be recognised by the British public again; especially considering the competition we were up against.”