When you visit a website it is likely to place one or more ‘cookies’ in your web browser’s history files. A cookie is a small file that acts as the website’s memory about your visit. Cookies are used to make websites work efficiently and to provide information to the owners of the website.
Some websites, including ours, also set ‘third-party’ cookies – these are cookies created by other companies that we use to help us deliver a better service.
It is possible to configure browsers to block cookies but this may make some websites difficult or impossible to use. Some browsers allow you to choose to block first-party, third-party, other sets of cookies or individual cookies, so that you can decide what to allow on your device.
- to ensure the security of your e-commerce transactions via our website to create a ‘shopping basket’ during your visit
- to discover which technologies your browser supports so that we can deliver the best user experience possible
- to tell us how our website is found – this helps us determine the effectiveness of our online marketing channels and reward some external websites for referrals
- to measure what happens during your visit so that we can determine the effectiveness of our pages and test different versions (this information is not associated with your personal data, it is anonymous)
- to record shares of our pages on social media to advertise to you on other websites
- to help us deliver our webchat service so that our specialists can help you during your visit
Our cookies don’t store any sensitive and /or personal information such as your name, address or credit/debit card details. They are used to ensure that when you return to our site your experience is more personalised.
A list of cookies used can be obtained by contacting Avanti Travel Insurance.
If you would like to restrict, block or delete cookies from any website, you can use your web browser to do this. Check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your device when you visit certain web pages. Cookies identify your device and enable information about the use of your computer to be stored on its hard drive. This information is then used for many things like remembering whether you’ve visited the site before or to help us work out how many new website visitors we get each month.
It is important to note that cookies can’t harm your computer.
We use encrypted information gathered from cookies to help improve our customer’s experience on the site by, for example, helping us to identify and resolve errors.
Third party cookies
If you ‘share’ content from our website with your friends on social media networks – such as Facebook – you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the settings of cookies on these third- party websites, however they should have more information about their cookies and how to manage them available on their websites.
Please note that we’re not responsible for the content of external websites.
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit aboutcookies.org . If you’d like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest special offers from us and travel news and tips from around the world