Avanti’s Homecare Assistance – What is it and how can it help?
Our Training Officer, Adam Larke knows everything there is to know about our policies! This week he has given us the run down on Avanti’s Homecare Assistance benefit to explain what it is and how it can help:
“Exclusive to Avanti and not offered by any other travel insurance company is Homecare Assistance. This benefit is included in all of our Single and Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance policies and will provide complimentary personal care and domestic assistance, after your return to the UK, to policyholders who fall ill while on holiday and are hospitalised for one or more nights.
Homecare Assistance includes services such as:
- Bathing, showering and cleaning teeth
- Support with getting up and going to bed
- Assistance using the bathroom and toilet
- Dressing, undressing and caring for clothes
- Preparation and clean-up of meals and drinks
- Hair care and shaving
- Foot care
- Recognising and discussing health needs
- Assistance with cleaning
- General tidying and light household duties
- Changing bed linen
- Ironing and laundry
- Dog walking / Feeding of household pets
A call will be arranged to discuss the assistance services benefit that you are eligible to receive under this policy and to answer any questions about your cover that you may have. There may be other assistance services and benefits in addition to the list above that you may be eligible to receive. Actual care will depend on your specific needs and circumstances and will be discussed with you by medically qualified personnel.
With Avanti we don’t just help you get back on your feet financially, we help you physically too!”